MONDAY to FRIDAY - 9:30AM to 5:30PM
SATURDAY - 9:30AM to 2:00PM
WELCOME MESSAGE FROM LIBRARIAN’S
I would like to welcome and extend the invitation to you
all for the A.V. Kamalamma College for Women Library, Library
is a heart of A.V. Kamalamma College and we are committed
to actively support college's vision, mission and its noble
objectives that are integral for the learning and teaching
process, the library is student, faculty and staff focused.
We invite all our academic fraternity to make it a regular
habit to study and work in the library.
Dear patrons, welcome to the library! We are here to assist
you with your informational, educational, and recreational
needs. Our knowledgeable staff is here to help you find the
resources you need, whether it is in the form of books, e-books,
databases, or more. Please feel free to ask for assistance
if you need it. We are committed to providing a safe and comfortable
environment for you to explore and learn. Thank you for choosing
our library, and we hope you have a great experience here!
The carpet area of the college library is 4500 sq / ft which
accommodates 150 students at a time. The library follows all
the rules and regulations framed by the college library committee
as well as the bodies such as university and govt. The college
library has a congenial ambience for study and students make
use of the facilities provided for their intellectual growth.
The Department of Library and Information Centre came into
existence in 1945. It has a spacious and well-maintained library.
Information Resource Centre is the heart of the A.V. Kamalamma
College for Women and It has huge collection of books, text
books, magazine and newspapers. It is the main hub of the
students and teachers for their academic activities, apart
from that, Library houses a growing collection of reference
books, journals, journal back volumes, dictionaries, encyclopedias,
Yearbooks etc. Also, the library facilitates access to several
e-journals, e-books through NLIST/INFLIBNET/e-consortium.
The mission of A.V. Kamalamma College for Women Library is
to collaborate with all disciplines to empower and teach students
to find, evaluate, and use information effectively. We will
collect, organize, and maintain inclusive information in all
its formats to support the intellectual growth of students
and the professional needs of our faculty.
• Provide equitable and continuous access to quality
and cost-effective information resources, library services,
and technology tools to students, faculty and staff.
• Ensure equitable access by all students to quality,
cost-effective resources, current technology tools and other
library services that students need for their research, learning
and overall success.
• To explore and implement innovative technologies
and services to deliver information and scholarly resources,
conveniently to users on the campus.
• To provide excellent user education
• To provide outstanding services
• To provide quality collections
• To acquire, organize and update the library collection
to support teaching-learning process
• To encourage students to read beyond the requirements
of the curriculum
• To work with faculty in integrating information skills,
knowledge of information sources
• Use of technology in accessing information needed
to strengthen their instruction, research and extension
• To provide instruction and assistance in the effective
use of learning resources / services
1. Acquisition Section
2. Technical Section
3. Circulation Section (Membership Registration)
4. Periodical section
5. Reference Section
6. Stack Area
7. N-LIST Database
8. Internet Browsing Centre
9. WEB OPAC
The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common
interest of all users and to enable the Library to carry out
its functions as efficiently as possible, failure to observe
these rules which leads to cancellation of the membership.
Handle the documents with great care as they are costly, precious
in nature, is expected from users.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
• The Students must carry their College Identity Card/library
membership card with them at all time inside the Library.
Show the Identity Card compulsory at the time of books check-
out/check-in (whenever asked by the library staff)..
• All library users are required to maintain perfect
silence and discipline in the library.
• The borrowing facility can be withdrawn or restricted
in case of misbehaviour of users for their misuse of the library.
• Library users should enter his/her name, course, semester
time-in and time-out in register kept at the entrance.
• Library users are restricted to bring their personal
belongings inside the library such as bag, coat, and umbrella.
• Books are issued for staff till semester end and for
students’ period of a week (seven days) in the first
instance and if required, the same book can be renewed further
one more time for a period of a week each and thus no book
will be allowed to be kept with a member beyond fifteen days.
• Library cards are not transferable: The borrower card
holders should come personally to borrow the books and the
authorization is not allowed.
• Loss of books/damaged: every borrower from the library
is responsible for the safe custody and return of the book
borrowed by him/her. In the event of damage or loss he/she
shall replace the book or pay the cost of the book. The person
must pay the fine plus the cost of the books plus processing
charges at the time of clearance from the library.
• Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or
damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing
so, he/she will be charged the full replacement cost of the
resource. Books Borrowed should be protected from RAIN, FIRE,
DUST, INSECT etc.
• Downloading of undesirable e-resources shall not be
allowed and punishable if violated
• Strict discipline should be maintained in the library.
The position of the chairs and tables should not be changed
• Beverages and eatables are not allowed inside the
library. Smoking is not permitted in the library. Mobile phones
are strictly prohibited in the library.
• All persons may be allowed admission to the library
provided that the Librarian may at his discretion refuse admission
if he considers a person either of unsound mind, intoxicated
or otherwise shabbily dressed. The decision of the Librarian
or the next senior officer of the library in the absence of
the Librarian shall be final in this matter.
• No reader is allowed to sleep in the library premises.
• The readers shall behave in a civilized manner. The
Librarian may expel any person if he/she presence of such
a person is liable to create law and order situation.
• The readers are liable for punishment and fine if
they either misbehave or damage the books or any other property
of the library, decent behavior is expected.
• Each prospective member shall give in writing an undertaking
to abide by the rules of the library. He shall fill up a membership
• Each member shall be provided with a membership identity
card and / or Borrower's card.
• In case any book is lost or injured by the member,
the member shall replace the book or shall pay the cost of
replacement. If a book is one of the volumes of a set, the
reader may be asked to replace the whole set.
• Reference books, rare books, unbound periodicals and
books of fine arts may not be issued generally except with
the written permission of the Librarian.
• If a member does not pay off the library dues, the
privilege of borrowing books may be suspended till he/she
deposits the requisite amount.
• No visitor or guest is permitted to use the Library
without the prior permission of the Librarian. He/She is required
to produce a proper introduction letter from the concerned
Institution/Organization thereafter who wishes to
use the Library facility.
• No photograph of the Library shall be taken without
the prior permission of the Librarian.
• The librarian shall have the power to refuse the issue
of book to any member or he may recall any book without assigning
any reason therefore.
• Student after returning of library books/documents
should take No-dues certificate from the library before the
• Staff should take library No-Dues Certificate (NOC)
while Transfer/Deputation/Superannuation from the college.
(While living the college, student and faculty should return
books and library borrower’s card without fail, thereafter
NOC will be issued).
Limitations of Books for Faculty and Students
• Students can borrow two books at a time.
• Full-time teaching faculty can borrow at a time 10
books, Full-time temporary teaching faculty can borrow at
a time 05 books and Part-time temporary teaching faculty can
borrow at a time 5 books.
• The library advisory committee may suggest the limitation
of books to faculty and students on the basis of their library
• Book Bank books can be issued as per Book Bank scheme
norms/the availability of books. The discretionary powers
are given to the librarian by the Library Advisory Committee.
Overdue and Loss of Books Charges (Fine & Penalty)
• A sum of “one rupee? will be collected per day
per book beyond the stipulated overdue.
• The library member should report immediately to the
librarian about the loss of library documents borrowed from
the library. The charges shall be recovered for the loss of
library books as per the rules of The College Library Manual:
A Guide for LIS Professionals, Department of Collegiate Education,
and Government of Karnataka.
Library Working Hours
On Working Days:
The working hours of the library depends upon the necessity
of the user community and based on the availability of the
Usually, the following working hours may be followed;
• Generally, the college library shall remain open to
the students and staffs.
Monday to Friday: 9:30AM to 5:00PM
Saturday 10:00AM to 2:00PM
• The college library timing may change depending on
their college working hours and college infrastructure and
availability of library supporting staff.
• The library timings may be extended by the library
advisory committee recommendation. It has been fixed for as
many hours as possible for the readers to use the library
on availability of sufficient staff and library infrastructure
The library will remain closed on General Holiday, National,
Gazetted and Local holidays.